Wilhelm's Last Will and Testament

The recaps of the Dimensional War plot go here.
1 post Page 1 of 1

Wilhelm's Last Will and Testament

Post by Oceanblaze »

Chapter 1: On the Origin of our Species
http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=2rRZn29FuLU&p=n
As you start to read the pages, you can almost see the albino man hunched over his tome, wistfully staring into space as he writes with his quill in one hand in the warm glow of the fireplace. In the middle of this futuristic fortress is a room so simple in design, it could be his only means of escape. He reads aloud as he writes

"To all things there is a beginning. To all iterative cases, there must be a first iteration. The compass of order and chaos tells me that we Cetra were the first, and indeed are the the first of this iteration along with the Zealians and the Fae. The compass of chaos and order however only holds true for cases within the spectrum of Eternal Recurrance, not before it. It is the body of all knowledge in the universe that is presently true, however since I see no beginning, I can only assert it does not contain what was true."

"Zarathustra is my mechanism, and yet I know truly that a cycle can not begin itself. Since reccurance is not infinite, there must have been a creator. It may have been me, but assessing my present abilities, I can not say I would be capable of designing it, only its implementation. Something else must have designed it. The ramifications of this thought are staggering; however we must assert basic facts. The Compass of Order as it stands is the most basic fact from which my knowledge of the universe stems, for it is all knowledge. Thus, my observations must begin with the assumption it is correct, if not eternally so."

"Through study of lore, I have found reference to a man known as Hyne in the Cetran texts dating back to Geddon and possibly beyond. Hyne was certainly not one of the three existing races, and survived well past the downfall of our civilization. His interdiction in Gaian culture would seem to suggest he also is not creator, but perhaps something of a survivor of past iterations of Eternal Reccurance - since the Compass of Order and Chaos can supercede it, it stands to reason that something is capable of doing so."

"Hyne was an anomoly in that he did not exist within the lifestream. A living entity which does not exist in the lifestream is a paradox by all accounts of Cetran knowledge, and yet, there are accounts of his presence. For all things, if there is one, there can be many. Is it possible for multiple lifestreams to exist? Again, the implications of this fact would be frightening to behold. Impressively, the Gaians evidentally managed to destroy him by some form of revolution. Perhaps age or simply weariness was a factor - I can sympathize"

"Since Hyne was not Cetran and did not exist in our lifestream, it stands to reason Alkaiser was correct. Logically the Cetra could not have been the origin of all things. I suspect we may never know what transpired during the first iteration, for the days draw short and Eternal Reccurance will soon be upon us."

"There is however one interesting thought. We possess a lifestream, from which most things seem to spread. If Hyne was present in an alternate lifestream, is it possible that we Cetra are descendants or relatives of him in some form or another. We share similar traits, although the writings on his power surpass that of the Yomi. Geneaologically it is worth considering us as potentially descendants, if not of Hyne than perhaps of another of his race, or perhaps we both originate from another race."
"I fear I do not have enough time to find out." <End Chapter>

Chapter 2: The cult of giygas
"I have observed an interesting trend in the universe. Let us call it the Great Filter. Evolutionary biology tells us that there should be far, far more intelligent Type 3 civilizations than there are. This leads me to postulate two possible outcomes, there either are more species than I am aware of - which seems unlikely... or there is not. Our initial discourse will filter on the latter."

"Assuming there are not as many species of Type 3... that is to say, species capable of harnessing more power than a single star system can output, yet the universe has recurred and existed for sufficient time for such to exist, some force must keep it at bay. The trend would seem to be that most, if not all societies are stopped before reaching that point. We shall call this our great filter, and upon this there are three interesting concepts regarding it's position."

"If the Great Filter is behind us, it must surely be the formation of a species. Perhaps it is that life is rarer than lead to believe, the formation of an intelligent species requiring more than is common."

"Perhaps we are the first to pass the great filter, in which case, Eternal Reccurance is indeed working, and the light at the end of the tunnel is that at the end of the day, the universe will eventually overcome Giygas and entropy. Perhaps we will even reach ascension as a cosmic entity."

"Unfortunately... I suspect the third case. That the great filter is yet ahead of us. Many races reach this plateau and then are extinguished. If this is the case, and observation certainly would seem to suggest that it is, we are soon to come to a great cataclysm."

"What I have seen is hints of subversion of governments. Geddon, Zeal, even in Vector Industries, I have seen signs of espionnage. As enemy forces mount on our borders, I find myself having to personally verify every order, as lapses in communication seem to become more frequent, leaving holes in our defenses."

"This force, I believe, is what was referred to in certain circles as the Cult of Giygas. Where the Hands of Giygas are the ones who attempt to destroy the universe, the 'shining wills' of Giygas, the Cult exists as a sort of assurance that the pieces fall where they need to so that the hands will eventually win. These cultists possess the power of Giygas, but act of their own free will perhaps in hope of surviving the end of the world, or perhaps the power they wield has driven them to pains enough to wish it faster."

"To this end, I have kept my true motivations concealed from the world. For if The Cult of Giygas were to sabotage Zarathustra, all would be lost. My calculations consistently tell me this great filter will likely occur within a decade at most from when Zarathustra is to be activated, and within 2 years at the least"

"To this end, I have kept my true motivations concealed from the world. For if The Cult of Giygas were to sabotage Zarathustra, all would be lost. My calculations consistently tell me this great filter will likely occur within a decade at most from when Zarathustra is to be activated, and within 2 years at the least"

"If there methods were overt, I would be aware of them. I suspect they are less an army and more a precision tool. They are most effective in the shadows."

"What is interesting is what this reveals on the nature of Giygas." <End Chapter>

Chapter 3: On the Origin of Giygas
"Exactly what is the Embodiment of Destruction that I fight? We challenge this opponent, but we know next to nothing about it. We attribute it to all our misery without having heard its voice. We attribute the acts of the most vile and evil beings in existance to its loyalty, and yet we know nothing of it's intentions. How can one fight that which one does not know?"

"From our conception, we are predestined to fear it. Some maintain it is a natural entity, while others still maintain it is an omnipotent, malevolent force. Perhaps it is both. I am not convinced that it is either."

Consider the subject of natural law. Natural law is not subversive, cold, cruel, or destructive. What nature destroys, it also creates. Even the most barren deserts, while inhospitable to many forms of life, are merely a different nature. Giygas is purely evil, this we know, therefore it can not be a force of nature."

"We know Giygas is subversive, acting in the shadows. If Giygas were omnipotent, it would not need to act in the shadows. While very powerful, were it capable of achieving it's own goals, it would not require hands or the cult to do so. It's forces are legion witout those agents."

"Consider the subject of natural law. Natural law is not subversive, cold, cruel, or destructive. What nature destroys, it also creates. Even the most barren deserts, while inhospitable to many forms of life, are merely a different nature. Giygas is purely evil, this we know, therefore it can not be a force of nature."

"The standing hypothesis is that the Zenith Points occupy the same extraplanar space that Giygas holds. Bringing them together and to Giygas would force Giygas to become a planar entity, capable of being attacked physically. This has been the methodology for our attack, and in every Eternal Reccurance, Giygas has actively prevented this from
occuring"

"We have been lead to believe that Giygas taking physical form means the destruction of the universe, however since Giygas itself seems to actively abort this happening, I can only maintain that this is not a literal statement. Giygas can hold physical form in the universe without it ending. It is more a question of what will it do when it is here"

"Another interesting observation is the absence of Giygas's influences in other dimensions. People and places brought here often have not seen the taint of Giygas. They have experienced evil, but never directly correlating to Giygas itself. This leads me to believe Giygas is a limited entity. It has finite reach, even if the vastness of it's scale is beyond -my- comprehension, it does not make it infinite"

"Finally is the fact that it can be captured. The Devil Machine onboard Merkava did this successfully until it was destroyed by a Hand of Giygas, and still now anchors him in place. Merkava's defense system is still active - as long as Merkava is intact, Giygas remains entombed within its walls"

"I consider it amongst my greatest successes as a Yomi." <End Chapter>

Chapter 4: The Hands of Giygas
"Having ascertained something of our opponent, we can now move on to what we know of it's methodology. Giygas seems to act through a limited number of hands at once, further suggesting a finite limit to it's power. Each hand is a being of immense potency, granted Giygas's powers and seemingly doomed to take on it's form. The fate of the Hand of Giygas is to become his body, and thus Giygas seems to choose only those hosts which would have suitable power."

"All Hands of Giygas operate with similar modus operendi of mass destruction on such a scale. Whether this is due to their own ambition or the influence of Giygas, these individuals seek to destroy as much as possible. It is probable that with the desire to destroy more comes the desire for more power, through which Giygas eventually offers a 'deal with the devil', ultimate power in exchange for ones soul."

"The Hands are irredeemable. They may seem pleasant, they may act civil, but in reality they simply do not realize they have already been lost. Once one is tainted by his power, there is no return or reconciliation. The individual is lost. This is a power I have decided to call Xenothurgy"

"Without having experienced this power first hand, it is impossible to understand or comprehend. It is an outside influence which can not be observed, and thus, likely not defended against in its truest of forms. It would, however, account for the frightening power held by those who do his bidding"

"I am aware of the actions of four hands of Giygas. The actions of Leonardo, the actions of a computer program that has gained a terrifying level of control and sentience, the actions of Melbu Frahma during the Dragoon War, and a fourth... These are the heralds of the coming of Giygas and must be prevented at all costs. It is why I alone have designed the Unus Mundus Network,

Fifth Jerusalem, Zarathustra, and Vector, so that there can be no influence of Giygas over those things."

"The computer seems... apt at recruiting others. I suspect it in particular seeks out sub agents to recruit, each of which functions as one of its hands in a case of recursive management."

"One must always be aware not only of ones intentions, but of ones actions. A compass is of no use without both a course and one who follows it."
<End Chapter>

Chapter 5: Conversations with Soa
"What is known considerably more however is the workings of Soa, who takes credit for the creation of the universe as we know it. I have been fortunate enough to have conversation with her, and have decided to trust in her. She has been reluctant to speak on the subject of my past or the past of the universe, perhaps due to a reluctance to interfere with events, or perhaps our of a desire to avoid influencing them. We have spoken at length, and I have been termed her hand, one who will help to save all of creation. I believe it was through her will that the Yomi took shape, as the then Queen of Zeal was one of her hands as well before her fall."

"Soa initially created 108 races, of which the cetra and descendants are one branch, one fruit of a divine tree. This tree is evidentally physical, existing somewhere in our world. One of the Yomi, Lloyd, has seen one branch of it on the world of Endiness. It stands to reason that at the center of this tree, one would find Soa herself, though I dare not pursue the matter."

"There is however one who did. The Yomi Slayzer Restalia once ventured to the tree and I believe made contact with it. Contact was lost with him a great while, and when he returned, he spoke little of his intentions or purposes. Even now as a testament, I feel I do not understand his position despite providing the spirit which keeps his will existing"

"I can not afford to falter from my task. If I fail, the universe will fall behind me. I must not deviate."

"Though one thing I have wondered. If Soa created all.. is Soa responsible for the existance of Giygas as well?"
<End Chapter>

Chapter 6: Retrospective on the Simulation
"The Simulation was an impressive demonstration of power, if not frightening in it's own light. We formed it together and populated it with a simulated universe, overseen by an advanced intelligence system we called Gaia. Interwoven in the dimensional fabric was built a great city for those to inhabit during it's operation known as the City of Yomi. We created creatures to populate this dimension to assist in running and maintaining the simulation. In essence, it was a pocket universe which we made real and then populated. We took on the role of Soa on a smaller scale, and were able to successfully create a working universe."

"The motivations for such were fractured. Lloyd intended to use the simulation as a tool to bring about his perfect utopia and took it upon himself to intervene directly in its operations. Admiral Gault had grand desires about building a unified army to seize power and challenge Giygas, which would surprise no one who knew him. Slayzers intentions were mysterious, as always, but I believe were good. Jason considered it a test, to see whether or not the universes were ready to be combined. In truth, it was all of those things."

"I created the entity known as The Master into the simulation as a simulcrum to Giygas. When the simulation had run its course, it would be reset and restarted in the name of gathering more results. While Evermore wanted to know if the dimensions could possibly coexist, I wished to test the theory of eternal recurrance."

"I have never been so disappointed in success in my life."

"The theory of Eternal Reccurance is indeed sound. Looped sufficiently, the control group known as the Dimensional Warriors did eventually rise to challenge The Master. Ultimately, The Master was capable of harnessing the elements of the universe, Chaos, Order, Creation, and Destruction, to bring about the termination of the simulation. My creation wrought terror upon the universe I created time and time again. Ultimately, the Dimensional Warriors had sufficient power in the end, when they challenged The Master and overtook him, but the mechanism in place that looped the universe, Admiral Gault, stood as their final challenge. I intervened directly, informing them of how to complete the cycle and return to the real world."

"The analogy here terrifies me. The measure by which the mechanism was deemed successful was the overcoming of the one who created the mechanism."

"Mathematics would seem to agree with the basic logic. If a given set A has a subset of elements B, A > B. If B becomes the larger term, it would no longer be the subset but the parent. In other words, when B>A."

"The measure of my own success will be whether or not my machinations are able to kill me and to prevent the cycle from repeating, at which point, B>A"

"The simulation, over time, began to compound in error. Various intrinsic free will elements, those measured by the 'Chaos' needle on the compass of order and chaos, began to exceed the properties of order. Fundamental inconsistencies in the equations that defined the simulation broke down. The Yomi city was attacked, and control was lost."

"I have observed this in the real world as well, in the presence of gnosis, free wills who reject the system and its keepers, such as.. ironically enough, the Dimensional Warriors."

"I suspect, however, my equations will soon resolve. I do not anticipate the outcome."<End Chapter>

"An interesting anomoly. A random assortment of people working together and succeeding against all odds, time and time again. The premise of the control group was to test the cogency of the theory that the dimensions fractured from Geddon were safe to be recombined by way of Evermores Chronomaster experiment. A random subset, although looking back on it, it would seem hardly random."

"If the group is lacking in a particular category, a new arrival seems to fill that category by random chance. I have seen this machination in progress, if they are in need of a savior, one will materialize. If they are in need of a warrior, one will find their way to their group without error. Their weaknesses appear to be tailor removed - this is anything but random chance."

"Evermore is responsible directly for the formation of the group, or so he believes. I am responsible for their definition, or so I believe. Dozens of interveners seem to have their hands in the formation of this group, and yet none can explain this phenomenon. By miraculous intervention, they have survived certain death on many, many occaisions, more than could possibly be counted. The odds seem to favor their success when they should not."

"Then there is the training aspect. Many who join their ranks have no formal military training, and yet in short time demonstrate superpowers, connect with the Zenith Stone, cheat death, and eventually rise to the level of superhuman. This is not only against the odds, it defies probability entirely for a random entity to face almost certain success"

"The fact then is clear. Something must be manipulating the formation of the group. The odds of these genetic traits appearing at random in the population may be one in millions. For a hundred or more to gather in one place is statistically impossible by random allowance, and yet it happens daily."
"A troubling thought this leaves me with. If Zarathustra has indeed been found out, is the intention to interfere with its measure of success, to fell me and end the cycle before it would normally complete?"
"What is the nature of this anomoly? Perhaps only in the end the answer will be made clear to me."
"I do have one theory though, and that is, -unfinished
<End Chapter>

From the position of the quill, dried, on the desk.. it does look like he left in a hurry
Oceanblaze
Ninjassassin

1 post Page 1 of 1