What would you like to see in DW 7.0?

General area, introduction to the game and chat area.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

What would you like to see in DW 7.0?

Post by Hal_Emmerich »

I already have some things in mind for 7.0, however I'd like to know what everyone would like to see more of. Just because something is named here does not guarantee it will be added (the usual Dragonball ban is in effect, and Doctor Who elements will be taking an extended LOA from the game due to their priority in 6.0). Some notable inclusions I have planned already (note that 'inclusion' may mean anything from a single character, a major plot arc or incorporation into the system):

Marvel Cineverse
Lord of the Rings
Mega Man
Final Fantasy (4-10)
Final Fantasy 13 (series)
Chrono Trigger
Metal Gear Solid
Tales Of.. series
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Star Fox

So, what would you like to see?
Hal_Emmerich
Master of Games

Re: What would you like to see in DW 7.0?

Post by Chanree »

I would like to see (i will set top 3 of your list and 3 i would not like to see, including other ideas that could be fun to see in DW universe.) of course my pick

Like to see

1. Final fantasy series (4 - 10) (check nr 1 on dont of one ff series)
2. Metal gear soild
3. Mega man

I would NOT like to see

1. Final fantasy 7 And Final Fantasy 13 - Sorry but it has been very much ff7 (even if the game will come out) would be fun to see maybe more final fantasy 8 and the rest of the series. Maybe try to take in final fantasy 10. And for final fantasy 13...Just no. It isnt my hate for summon of Odin hate but...that game is weak in my eyes with battle system, story and so. Might be harsh on the game but just saying.

2. Neon Genesis Evangelion - It could work but there is one problem. YOU have to be very messed up to even GM to this because 1. It has to do with gore/blood 2. Mecha (it is cool in my books) 3. The twist in the whole story and the last 4. Most players might not handle/like this even if it's a good anime yet a bit screwed up. So I would say, IF you gonna GM this, you need to really have a different thinking.

3. Tales of series --- ...that series is huge, I like the first one but never played the whole one. IT IS pretty huge. You have to be a real fan to all the games, check the battle system, the story line and all. But I wouldn't hate to see if it works perfect fine. It isnt that bad unlike nr 2 I just wrote.

Ok now my pick I would love to see in DW which could be good to take in.

Mario series (yes I know, I know.)
Paprika (alike NGE but it has to do more with Dream/IO/computer/hacking)
Laputa - The castle in the sky
Devil may cry - Yes little more demon do we need.
Castlevanina - OH YES! The good old series (not the new ones)
Rouge Galaxy - Bounty hunting and so (the story is good btw)
Dynasty warriors, Samurai warriors to Ororchi warriors (I can dream can't I?)
Terraigma

there is more. But it's just ideas.

There you go. peace. / Chanree
Chanree

Post by Tripstick »

Obviously I don't have the same finite experience with DW as the rest of you lot, so I feel as though any opinions are less familiar with the group dynamic and it's previous adventures. But still moreso with my own interests in the list.

I am unsure how justified my deduction is, but, I feel as though with the themes that were suggested by The Doctor and what I understand of the X Parasite phenomina touch on ideas surrounding meme and time, at least as I see it.

As much as I love Chrono Trigger, I think that it's worldly underpinning could lead to some rehash, perhaps, of stuff that might have already been brought to light, especially surrounding the concept as time as a plot device - I understand that Ultimicia has been put into the mix recently as well.

I think that Lord of the Rings shouldn't fit here. My fandom is really indifferent towards it, but, I personally think that the world itself just wouldn't be accommodating to the bredth of DW's style, but that's just me. I believe that the setting and concept is very, very rigid and wouldn't mesh well with characters that are otherwise technologically savvy.

Neon Genesis Evangelion was never something I followed too, too heavily. But, the types of enemies involved in their canon are quite fantastical. I am on the fence with this one, but only because I believe that an entirely alternative avenue of Antagonist would have to be opened up, or, extensive changes made to already existing characters if the enemies in this show's canon are going to be made run of the mill.

Final Fantasy is always a good go-to, but, I believe that this could be reserved for times to come, when the Franchise's pending releases become more current, as to capitalize on the interest that will come from 15 or the remake of 7. As far as FF13 is concerned, I'd say to let the MMO attend to itself.

Star Fox could be adapted relatively okay, I think, but I don't understand much about the universe beyond the original SNES and the following N64 releases.

Metal Gear Solid is a HUGE bandwagon for me, just to state it. But I think the Quazi-Japanese mysticism and very far-reaching technological/magical elements make this premise (if not the world) a universally round fit to what I've experienced. But I can't for the life of me even begin to speculate on a plot concept.

Never played -any- of the Tales series - I cannot comment.

Marvel Cineverse? I don't know. I haven't been as interested in them as I was say, 3 years ago. By all means, ignore me if I am wrong, but I heard that there's some unclear regard as to how Marvel / Mutant Concepts fit into DW - and I think opening this up as a world would mandate that such ideas be unilaterally sheeted and made into DW canon - thusly I believe that this would require a bit more technical work that may/may not be required for some of the other projects. Still doable, though.

Mega Man is a personal favorite of mine either way. I do prefer the X series though, due to his themes about humanity, racial divide, and predisposition. I think there is a rich atmosphere that could seriously and heavily be explored. it is a theme I enjoy with a lot of artificially created characters in story. There's potential for a whole lot of world creation here that is otherwise not necessarily made exact in it's canon which GM's and players could really integrate. The world in my opinion doesn't close doors for players because of it's existance, meaning that technological and Magical elements can still fit into this.

On a side note: I think Azure Striker Gunvolt might fit nicely into this list as well, for all the same reasons as Mega Man qualifies for me.

TL;DR

Marvel Cineverse - Technicals (as I understand them) would need to be clarified for characters in this universe, which might require more set up time than usual for a new adventure.

Lord of the Rings - World, characters, universe overall is too rigid for the non-high fantasy characters - doesn't get my vote.

Mega Man (X) - Great themes in expanded universe, world is accommodating to all types of character.
Side note: Azure Striker Gunvolt.

Final Fantasy (4-10) - Could do, happy to do, I don't think the timing is right. Too soon / early.

Final Fantasy 13 (series) - Not preferred, personally. There's an MMO and it has it's area of interest.

Chrono Trigger - Might rehash themes seen in previous recent adventures (as I understand them without being present)

Metal Gear Solid - Solid option, world has potential to fit overall player / character base. Not sure how how a plot would work out - but that's not specifically my concern. :D

Tales Of.. series - never played, no opinion.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Far too fantastically scaled enemies and antagonist potential. Not suited for most characters without overhaul (as I understand it.)

Star Fox - Not largely knowledgable. Could/could not fit. A choice from the list, but I don't think it's the strongest one.
Tripstick

Post by QueenSelphie »

I am cool with all of those

We have characters already from many Final Fantasy series particularly 7-9 . Though 8 and 9 need to have a bit more love that some locations and select story elements. The FF7 characters have gotten some of their closure. I would like to see it spread to some of the other stories. 11 and 14 is the MMO not 13. We have X and other Mega Man characters. We have seen Tony Stark, so I don't think the Marvel Cineverse would be that awful. Star Fox we are gonna have to get around to eventually since the last Zenth stone is in the Lylat System. I would like to see more Star Wars, and maybe more Star Trek especially with Janeway and Voyager.

Lord of The Rings would be cool if we did it sort of like the Final Fantasy 12 setting, make it a separate world and we have to role play in that setting as our characters.

all I know about Neon Genesis Evangelion #getinthedamnrobotshinji, but I have been slowly been coming around to gundam sized mechs, if only because one of my characters is invested in them. I think that is how I get invested in certain story lines in general.

I don't know what else....we need more cow bell.
Image - Image
QueenSelphie

4 posts Page 1 of 1