Veran

Introspective posts based on a character's experience of almost getting transformed into a heartless. 1-5 exp based on posts.
1 post Page 1 of 1

Veran

Post by Espresso »

The first wave feels like torture, the sickly feeling of liquid depression coiling around your body and your very being. The chills of sadness, and horror of death lingering around your very soul. The second wave, like a euphoria, twisting and curling like a snake. The third, almost bliss, twisted with agony and memory of a time long past, the darkness curled around every part of a living being.

My memory was just like this. Cold, ice cold, like the tallest mountain of Labrynna in the winter. My heart turned to ice and felt as if it were being ripped from my body, but the pain I felt made me feel anything but death, if anything I felt more alive than I ever had. The chilling darkness making me feel as if I was breathing ice added to the excitement I already felt. How long did I have left? Ten seconds? Ten minutes? Who knows, it was enough to last a lifetime.

Before my eyes I felt every heart I had destroyed, every life I had caused misery onto, and all of the people I had pushed past to accomplish my life's work. What had I done.. who were these mindless insects.. why did they not know the JOYS of such a gift? I remembered Labrynna, that poor little town full of dullards who didn't deserve to even be called human, living out their pointless lives.. had they felt the same when their ancestors were destroyed? Had the people of Labrynna felt like this when the tower was complete and the sun blocked out? I could only hope, it was such an experience… I want to live it again.

Ah.. the darkness touches the tips of my fingers. I can feel ice down to my very bones, and it feels like bliss. It feels like I'd always hoped it would. Everything turns yellow, the world my plaything and I can't help but want more. More power, more tools to destroy, and more lives to ruin. I hear myself cackling like mad, but is it I that spreads such a voice? or is it this shell I've become. It has to be both. I would do the very same.

A light shines through the black though, it burns and singes at the corners of my heart. I remember people that I've grown to.. endure to say at the very least.. the entertainment I so very much craved during my time with these warriors. One face in particular, his own laugh able to do the same to me that this darkness woven dilemma has. I could feel the darkness beginning to leave, in a war within myself as the feelings grew stronger.. what am I.. human?

I look at my hands, teal skin visible beneath the black melting away, it hurts so badly, but I crave more. I crave this power that I could never obtain on my own, and I know, there has to be another way, there will be another opportunity. Who is this man.. who is that face I see through the dark? Why do I feel promise instead of pity? What is this! I despise it!

My vision clears.. and everything is as if I've opened my eyes for the first time… just like the feeling of being summoned so long ago.. but what is my mission now… I must find out what this is! What this wonderful feeling of nothingness is! At the same time all of my enjoyment was lost… it was no longer entertaining, it felt like nothing.. what was I to do?

A name, I remember a name with that face as everything floods back. It gives me a sense of disappointment, but I understand now, I live for something other than sorrow. As cliche as it may seem, I live to hope for progress.

I will find this miraculous occurrence again. It is my obsession.
Espresso
Kougou

1 post Page 1 of 1