Genesis Rhapsodos

Introspective posts based on a character's experience of almost getting transformed into a heartless. 1-5 exp based on posts.
1 post Page 1 of 1

Genesis Rhapsodos

Post by Espresso »

There was a time not so long ago. It was when a great calm washed over my body, and my mind. I became a slave to the holy will of the Goddess, and my body, lost in the throws of near-death, began to leave the planet. I remembered her face clearly, like an angel she stood before me, her blazon eyes aglow with despair, and her beautiful smile twisted into a frown. Minerva pitied what this man had become, and so he was sent back to become the dew that quenches the land. To spare the sands, the seas the skies, to be this planet's silent sacrifice.

But it was not that day that I died. Nor was it this day. Compared to the warm, welcoming lifestream I felt nothing but cold, bitter death, the stench overwhelming and the pain tearing at my body crippling. I last saw the world around me as I thought it personified, broken, dying. The cold sting of the dark brought me from my thoughts, filled my mind with anguish, and caused my already sore muscles to give out. It was over. But so soon? I still had so much to do.. so.. so much.

My promises.. I had promised two people I would return them to who they were.. but who were they.. the faces were so clear, the time I spent with them so vivid.. but my own eyes grew dull and blurry. The goddess would never forgive me. I had my chance. Had it been squandered on such things? I remember times long past, another beautiful woman with blue eyes and blonde hair, the hurt in my heart when she left.. or was that the darkness taking me over?

I remembered the face of another woman, jealousy tearing and biting at me, my vision going dark as I screamed. She could never know, but it would eat me alive until the day I died.. who was she? Why did I care so? Why do these people torment me? I remember the days of laughing along with friends, spending days doing nothing but tending to my garden in peace. I fought, that feeling welling up inside like a dark dragon eating away at my soul. Is it my time to fly away now? No. I must strive to continue.

The memories returned, this one of a younger self.. striving to survive on nothing but old water under a war-torn land. The solitude I had confined myself to.. and the same day I left having guns pointed at me. I remembered.. my past.. even further back. My friends, my dear friends that had died. I wanted to protect them.. it was my duty, part of my honor. My friend.. the fates are cruel.

I continued to fight, weakened and wetness dabbing at my eyes, those that I cared for all vanishing as if they were never even there. I felt hate, anger, jealousy. It was all so familiar. I remembered myself wallowing in it, wanting nothing more than revenge.. and how sweet it would be, to see their faces as I stole from them what they took from me. Even if the morrow is barren of promises--

Then, a small light. What was this? Who? I felt the feelings of anger and destruction melt away instead to something sweeter. Innocence. A young girl.. what was her name. I felt everything melting away as quickly as it came, the burning edges of my soul rebuilding itself with love instead of hate, pride instead of pity. I did all I could do.

I wrapped my arms around the girl and wept for my salvation.
Espresso
Kougou

1 post Page 1 of 1