Strato Faravis

Introspective posts based on a character's experience of almost getting transformed into a heartless. 1-5 exp based on posts.
1 post Page 1 of 1

Strato Faravis

Post by Strato »

In the deepest recesses of mind and soul alike, I can still feel those familiar war-fires stoked aflame. The merciless pyres that slake themselves upon the wood and steel of fallen men and women, scorching fields and razing homes with neither mercy nor hesitation. It is but a furious wrath, an onslaught of death and destruction, that continues to ring in my ears with each passing day, reminding me of the failings of my last endeavor before I had found myself at Exodus Station in Hojo's captivity.

This was the nature of the darkness I faced, unable to fend myself from its undaunted onslaught. It was much the same as that very day, where no matter how steeled I truly was, no matter how powerful my convictions were, I could not maintain my foothold or avoid my inevitable defeat. A prisoner of my own darkness I was, as it began to surround and engulf me in its wrathful embrace. My greatest fear had begun to take hold...I was becoming a war-beast fed to the vengeful desires of my heart.

This day I now realize who my true enemy is.

It is not the wiles of Melbu Frahma, nor is it the pious wrath of General Hein. Although there are times when one must heed the call to arms, all must be maintained in the proper perspective. Who can defeat their own darkness when they can but submit themselves to a blinded fury? No. This is not what I wished to become...and it was only by the grace of some benevolent force that I was not ultimately subdued.

Long have my eyes been burnished with a vengeful gaze, having wanted noting more than to see Hojo pay for his inhumane crimes to my villagers, who suffer no longer only thanks to a mercy killing by pyre. Vengeance or justice...I could not even see the difference. The darkness preyed upon every facet of my being, caught upon the brush as a wildfire lofted into the swirling winds. With only this grace keeping me alive this day...

...what do I fight for now?

Today I must face these fires. I must extinguish them once and for all, for a hotly-flaring vengeance will only serve to sear and raze what lies before me. My true enemy is this now...to grow in my understanding of who I am, and the purpose I serve. Honor, I have...but perspective, I do not. It is time to begin the firefight, and I must now begin to conquer them. Once more I will step forward and face the fires burning brightly in my heart, threatening to swallow me whole. I cannot afford to lose this fight, but there is no turning back now...

...for a man of Mikawa never turns his back to the enemy.
Strato

1 post Page 1 of 1