Atashi/Knife

Introspective posts based on a character's experience of almost getting transformed into a heartless. 1-5 exp based on posts.
1 post Page 1 of 1

Atashi/Knife

Post by Espresso »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08uT6_bbYAQ

"Mommy!" a little girl ran from her home, across the hot desert sands, clutching a womans skirt as she started to walk away, her eyes glistening with tears. The woman turned, kneeling down in the sand, wrapping her arms around the youth.

"I'll be home in a little while. You're a tough'un, dad and I'll be back later, alright? We just have to fix some stuff at the reactor." The woman gently patted the little girls head as she stood up with a smile. "Y'know the kinda hours Shinra's got us on. You can.. be a big girl for us Sara." The woman started to walk away, towards the reactor, while the little girl stood in wonder..

Why was mommy crying?

It felt just like that time. Everything was being taken away from me, but there were still people there that I cared about. They were all falling.. I could see them as they fell to the ground, being swallowed up in darkness just like myself. I closed my eyes and understood.. that's why she was crying. She had accepted her fate. I couldn't do that when there will still people here that needed me. I clenched my hand.. the ring still on my finger under those pristine white gloves. No.. they were no longer white. They were tainted black.

A man had come to the house, the little girl, only about ten years old sat on the porch like a dog, loyal to the very end. She had waited for days for her parents, but no one came back. She had accepted it by now, but, there was still that little sliver of hope. She watched people around her, rebuilding their homes from the explosion that had cost the lives of so many, but she couldn't comprehend it. The man was kind. He took the little girls hand, and introduced himself. Veld, it would be a name she never forgot. She talked to him, cried on his shoulder, and tried to understand what was happening around her. He left that same day, but he gave her a gift. Determination.

Where had that determination gone? Why was it there to begin with? All that was left was the pain of having her heart torn from herself, and all she could see was the reflection of her own eyes. When had they changed?

She had built her life up herself with the help of no-one. Six years had past, and she dared to make a trek across the desert, to that town the kind man had told her about. When she made it to the tallest building, she looked down at the sign-in sheet, her hands shaking. Name… could she really use her name? Did it have any worth? She took the pen, and shakily came up with a new name, something she would cherish more than what her parents gave her.

Atashi.

"Stay with me, Atashi. Don't.. Don't go."

It was hard to hear the words over her heavy breathing, difficult to understand what they meant. A hand.. she felt a hand grip hers.. who's hand was it?

A man joined her memories, black hair.. a pronounced scar across his cheek. He was so much older than she was. She remembered him taking her hand. "You have to be strong, or you can't be a turk." That image faded.. the man had died. He was long gone. Instead.. her memory was replaced by another man, they were sitting at a table.

"Have you ever been in love before?"

This man looked pained. He had blonde hair, green eyes.. the question had bothered him. The answer she had received turned into jealousy, and sadness. Was her life really so difficult compared to his? It was one of the first times she had let her true emotions free. She wasn't going to give this up for anything, she was lucky to be alive.

No, I was lucky to be alive.

My breath caught in my throat, I looked at the hand that held my own, feeling the cold begin to wear away. I felt my heart fill with joy instead of sadness, and I remembered, a time not so long ago.

"Will you marry me?"

I'll be here. If they can pull me out of this. Then there is no other place. Thank you, Jason.
Espresso
Kougou

1 post Page 1 of 1