Limit Breaks - Thoughts/Suggestions, hopefullynodeaththreats

Leave messages for me while I'm at work/away from my computer!
1 post Page 1 of 1

Limit Breaks - Thoughts/Suggestions, hopefullynodeaththreats

Post by Strato »

Before the recent change to DW 5.0, limit breaks worked as follows:

If your character is under 25% HP, you can roll a d100, DC 80, and if you succeed, you can attack with a Limit Break. You cannot use another one for 5 rounds.

With the change:

You need the Limit Break feat, and for every 2 points of damage, you gain 1 limit point (LP). Using a level 1 limit costs 20000 LP, level 2 40000, etc. You cannot have more LP than what is required for your highest-level limit. You must also take 2 limits in your current level before taking any in the next (you may take more than 2 however). If your character is KOed, they lose 10% of their current LP. In addition, all LP gained in the RoFM is wiped once the fight ends.

After a discussion and a slight bit of thought, I figure that amassing 40000 damage over the course of many missions to get 20000 LP is quite daunting (obviously nobody WANTS to get beat up this badly, but bear with me). Limit breaks therefore become very scarcely-used, if at all.

Told that the old limit system was made akin to FF8, I recall the game's workings in that one was more likely to get better limit breaks when one's character was in worse shape, such as Squall more likely to Lionheart than Rough Divide when he's at, say, 400/9000 HP rather than the bare-minimum (maximum?) HP to get the limit break 'ding'. As such...

25% Health -> Level 1 Limit Break
10% Health -> Level 2 Limit Break
5% Health -> Level 3 Limit Break
2% Health -> Level 4 Limit Break

Catch my drift? Of course...the lower levels, I think, would still be accessible from 2% health if there's a lack of level 4 limit on the character. In addition, since limit breaks are attacks borne of sincere desperation, I suggest that they become unusable in the RoFM, unless the safety measures are deactivated.

Anyway...just a thought/suggestion. Feel free to read/scoff at your leisure.
Strato

1 post Page 1 of 1